This three-hour course covers the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 855 and UL9540 standards as they relate to ESS design and installation considerations, as well as their intersection with the International Residential Code (IRC), Fire Code (IFC) and NFPA 1 Fire Code.
- Overview of applicable fire codes
- Why fire codes matter
- ESS fire codes evolution over time (1997-2021)
- Fire code cycles across the U.S.
- Fire code requirements for ESS by cycle (IRC, IFC, NFPA 1)
- NFPA 855 requirements for ESS (residential and commercial)
- ESS fire codes for California
- UL 9540 listing and UL 9540A testing
- Summary and wrap-up